December 28, 2010

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (Single-Disc Edition)I watched "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" today with my kids. What a fun and wacky movie! Like many of the other animated movies that come out these days, it touched on several important themes without being too heavy handed.
  • Generation and communication gap between fathers and sons. "Not every sardine was meant to swim, son."" I don't understand fishing metaphors!" 
  • Large food portions and obesity. "Bigger is better!"
  • Smart girls/women who act dumb to be accepted. "It's a solid, it's a liquid, it's a viscoelastic polymer made out of polypeptide chains but you eat it! I mean, it tastes good! "
  • Living on past glories. "I'm Baby Brent!"
  • Redeeming past failures. Spray-on shoes
  • Unintended consequences of messing with nature.
I also loved the voice casting, especially these two guys. Know who they are? The first one is easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment